An estimated 20 million women and 10 million men in America will have an eating disorder at some point in their life. This week, we talk about body image and eating disorders with special guest Liz.
– NEDA is a great first stop if you or someone you know is or might be struggling with an eating disorder or disordered eating.
– Runners are likely to slip into disordered eating habits. Here's the story of one man who, feeling pressured, started down a precarious path.
– How to talk to little girls (without mentioning their looks)
– Plan a Netflix date to watch Miss Representation, a documentary about gendered stereotypes and body image.
– Rethinking your body through your lover's eyes
– Maybe body neutrality is more your thing
Special thanks to Dubb Nubb for letting us use their music. You can buy it here. Also to Tracee Tibbitts for creating our badass logos.
Tuesday, April 4