Madi solo hosts the podcast this week and talks with her BFF Colette Rector about why she became a vegetarian almost a year-and-a-half ago. She explores why she wanted to make the switch and how the transition has gone for her plus shares some tips for anyone looking to eat less meat.
– Being a vegetarian is right for many reasons, but it's also hard.
– Recipe alert: Meatless Mondays sans tofu, crock pot dinners and even more vegetarian dishes
– Colette's absolute favorite vegetarian recipe, Quinoa Fiesta Enchilada Bake
– It's better for the environment to give up red meat than to give up your car.
– "There may be no other single human activity that has a bigger impact on the planet than the raising of livestock." That includes providing income for 1.3 billion people and lots of greenhouse gases.
– Learn more about the food industry by watching Food Inc.
– The grueling conditions of working at the "head table" of a pork processing plant
– What happens when an employee in the meat industry dies
– Have questions for Colette? Email her here.
Special thanks to Dubb Nubb for letting us use their music. You can buy it here. Also to Tracee Tibbitts for creating our badass logos.
Tuesday, October 18